Helping to create Romania’s largest modern retail space.
Gleeds was appointed by HVB/Pfansbriefbank during construction of Bucharest’s AFI Palace Cotroceni.
This mega retail mall is Romania’s largest at 214,000m2, and it is accessible to over 3 million residents in Bucharest and nearby towns.
More than a mall
Our team acted as Lender’s representative to help create a shopping and entertainment centre that includes:
- Over 300 stores and 30 restaurants
- Romania’s first IMAX
- A 20-screen cinema complex
- The largest ice rink and go-karting track in a shopping mall
- A boating lake, playgrounds and a climbing wall
- 2,500 underground and deck parking spaces
And the winner is…
The development’s design, amenities and popularity has seen it receive a variety of awards, including:
- Best Shopping Centre Development at the 2009 CEE CIJ Awards
- Best Overall Development at the 2009 CEE CIJ Awards
- Best Shopping Mall at the 2010 SEE Real Estate Awards
- Best Real Estate Project at the 2010 SEE Real Estate Awards